Welcome to the
AwesomeSauce Book Club.
AwesomeSauce Book Club.
History of the blog: AwesomeSauce Book Club started as a book club group on facebook many years ago. Amber I. just got into reading and really wanted to talk books. But after a year or 2 on there she discovered the blogging world and decided to give it a go. So on Jan. 1st 2011 AwesomeSauce the blog was officially started. At first she tried to keep the book club going but the interest just wasn't there, (that is why you see book club in the blog name.)
How the 2 Amber's met: We met through our blog designer Autum.We had talked through facebook but once we met we knew it was meant to be. You can see us talk about our relationship like a marriage, we just have a great chemistry together.Its crazy but we really just started hanging out in 2011, it feels like we have known each other a lifetime. .
How 1 Amber turned to 2 Amber's: After about 5 months of Amber I. going solo she asked Amber R. to help her with some reviews.Then it just hit us, why not do this together!So in May 2011 Amber R. officially joined Team AwesomeSauce!
What you will Find on our blog:Genres: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, YA Paranormal, Erotica and a few others thrown into the mix.
Posts: Reviews, Giveaways, Interviews, Guest Posts, Book Promos. Basically anything books.
What to Expect:
Honest Reviews, Sarcastic talk, and just us being ourselves!
We review books like we talk to our best friends. We are in no way professional. Reading is something we love and keeping this blog a fun place is important to us.
Get to know the Amber's behind the blog more:
Hi I am Amber I. from AwesomeSauce Book Club and I started this blog in January 2011. I love reading so much that what started as just a hobby is now a full blown obsession. I read pretty much anything in the Paranormal/Urban Fantasy genre from YA to Erotica. Besides books I love 90s alternative music, The Wizard of Oz, Santa Claus(no not the movie the actual man at the North Pole) and pizza. When I am not busy reading, reviewing or working on the blog I am busy with my husband and 3 kids or working at my new job at the library.
- I hate birds. They scare me like a lion scares a kangaroo.
- I am turning 30 this year(2013) and I am terrified.
- I have never ate a big mac and never will.
- I wish I could wear pajamas all day every day. You know those men with a closet full of suits on the movies, I want a closet full of jammies. All organized and awesome like.
- I married my high school sweet heart. (awwww)
- I have a top 10 list on how I wouldn't want to die. Most of it consists of getting eaten by different animals.
- I still have NKOTB shoelaces in the shoes I currently wear.
- I have been to Hogwarts 2x!
- I use to think I was going to marry Fred Savage. Even at the age 5 I cut a picture out of the tv guide and slept with it under my pillow.
- I am obsessed with new socks. I wish I had a new pair for every day for the rest of my life!
- I went through a goth phase in middle school. Black lip stick and fish nets and all.
More About Amber R.
- Much like Amber I., I also hate birds. Loathe them to the highest degree of hating. This is purely coincidental that we both hate birds.
- I love David Bowie. Labyrinth is my favorite movie. Or Teen Witch.
- I'm terrified of drowning, I know how to swim.
- My phone is always with me. If I don't have it, I feel like I've lost a limb.
- I hate wearing shoes. All my shoes are flat and have to feel like I'm basically wearing nothing for me to wear them.
- I'm truly convinced that pajama pants are my one true love.
- I'm a private investigator-in-training. I'm going to be the next Keith Mars!
- Up until 2 years ago the only place I had been was Kentucky. Now I've been to Chicago, California, Pittsburgh and I'm going to NYC soon. I also have many more travel plans this year.
- My toenails are always painted.
- I need a direct i.v. of caffeine. I am kind of an insomniac so I don't sleep well. I need all the help I can get!