Release Date: January 1, 2008
Reviewed by: Amber R.
The Main Things I Liked:
- Each chapter is a new POV. We flip back and forth between Hope Adams, her best friend Robyn, and a LA detective Finn. Being able to get multiple points of view from the same story is really interesting and I'm a fan.
- Being able to make those connections to other characters from this series. Of course with Hope comes Karl, so we get a vague mention of Jeremy, Elena, Clay, and Jamie Vegas. We also hear about Paige, Lucas, and Eve makes a connection with Finn at the end of the book. The Cabals are also prominent.
- Hope's story really took the forefront in my mind. I think her story is progressing into something that's going to be amazing. I can't wait to see what happens next for her and Karl. Robyn gives Hope another facet that we haven't seen before. But Robyn isn't there just to build up Hope's plot, Robyn is her own character and has her own story.
The Main Things I Didn't Like:
- Robyn is kind of wishy-washy in some places and really firm in other places. It seems pretty situational, which in my opinion is good because it's not constantly. I know this is just my own pet peeve, wishy-washy is just not for me.
- Adele. She was our uber villain in this one. And there were quite a few things she did that were just foul. I get that villain's are supposed to be bad. But there were just some things that I could not get past. I didn't want to read about it, it's heinous on a completely different level.
- Hope and Karl. They're way more mature than I ever would be and let's just leave it at that.
With all this said, I'm moving immediately on to the next book in this series. I feel like I've been slowly moving through with other books in between. I've just hit that spot where I need to binge, I absolutely need to know what's happened and I need to know now. I'll be following up with reviews so if this series isn't for you, you might want to stay away for a week or two. (But you shouldn't)