Welcome to our brand spanking new
each week we will have an author on here talking to us about their spin on a paranormal "creature" from their books.
Today's Guest of Honor is
Jennifer L Armentrout!
Jennifer L Armentrout!
Hope you Enjoy!
Please leave a comment to let us know how you like this feature
- What is your Creature? A Luxen. In other words, an alien.
- Name? Daemon Black
- Is your creature from a specific part of the world? He's from far, far away, where dialogue scrolls along a TV screen.
- Physical Description? In his human form, he's about 6'3, give or take a few inches. He has black hair that tends to wave and curl when it grows out. He has olive skin tone, eyes that are an unnatural green color, like polished emeralds. Broad cheekbones and expressive lips, he also has a pretty rocking body. Nice shoulders and a six pack that shouldn't belong on any 18 year old. In his human form, he appears to be made of light.
- What book or series does this creature appear in? The Lux Series.
- What is the history of this creature? how where they created, where do they come from?They come from Lux. Some hundreds and thousands of years ago. Others recently when their planet was destroyed.
- What are their strengths? Everything.
- What are their weaknesses? Onyx
- How long can they live? Average human life span, but they don't get sick.
- What do they need to survive? Sugar
- If they shift shape tell us how and why? They can take on the image of other people on how the retract and reflect light
- Are they made or born? Born in threes.
- Your Creature VS Common Folk lore tell is the differences and similarities? The Lux aren't short or green. Well, some have green eyes.
Books in the Lux Series
The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane. Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.
Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in. Captivated. Lured. Loved.
Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence…and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.
Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don’t kill him first, that is.
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we’re linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there’s this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that’s possible. Against all common sense, I’m falling for Daemon. Hard.
But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
USA TODAY Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you've heard about her state aren't true. When she's not hard at work writing. she spends her time reading, working out, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russel Loki.
Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories....which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She also writes adult romance under the name J. Lynn.
Find Jennifer Around @