Welcome to our brand spanking new
each week we will have an author on here talking to us about their spin on a paranormal "creature" from their books.
Today's Guest of Honor is Felicity Heaton!
Hope you Enjoy!
Please leave a comment to let us know how you like this feature
- What is your Creature? A fallen angel in service of the Devil. The popular term for his kind is Hell’s angel in this world. He is another level below a regular fallen angel. Normal fallen angels aren’t working for the Devil.
- Name? Veiron.
- Is your creature from a specific part of the world? He has lived in Hell for centuries, ever since he fell and then pledged himself to the Devil, but at the moment he feels no allegiance to that realm, or any of the three realms.
- Physical Description? In his usual form, he is tall with a broad honed build, golden skin. Lethally handsome with a deep baritone voice. He has black and red tribal tattoos that follow the line of his biceps and triceps, and curl over his shoulders and down his back, enclosing the vertical ridges on either side of his spine where his wings hide when they’re not out. He has scarlet long hair, often worn in a ponytail held by a leather thong with bells on. Prefers to wear black, generally tight jeans, boots made for kicking ass, and black t-shirts. Has dark eyes in their normal form, but these can easily turn crimson and burn like the fires of Hell when his temper gets the better of him.
Veiron has two forms. When he’s in his normal appearance, he can often manage to keep his wings crimson and keep the feathers on them.
Veiron’s other form is more demonic. When he loses his cool, he grows three feet taller and almost double in breadth. His skin turns black all over, his eyes blaze red, and his teeth turn crimson and sharpen to points. The red on his feathers runs, dripping like blood from them to reveal black feathers beneath, and those then fall away to reveal leather dark membrane and dragon-like wings.
He wears crimson-edged obsidian armour too. He has a chest plate and back plate that is moulded to mimic his muscles and ends midway down his stomach. He wears a black loincloth which is covered by strips of armour. He has black and red boots, and his shins are protected by his greaves. He also has vambraces that protect his forearms. He fights with a double ended spear, tipped with long crimson blades. The black staff of the spear can be extended by his will alone and is normally the length of his forearm.
- What book or series does this creature appear in? Veiron is from my Her Angel romance series, and he’s the hero in the fifth book in the series, Her Demonic Angel. He also appears in Her Guardian Angel, the fourth book in the series.
- What is the history of this creature? How where they created, where do they come from? Veiron was created as an angel of Heaven, part of the Guardian corps. Angels are reborn/reincarnated on death, and don’t remember their past lives. Whenever Veiron dies, he is reborn as a guardian angel in Heaven. At some point in his life, he will end up falling and pledging himself to the Devil because he’s a pawn in a game between Heaven and Hell. Whenever he falls, he remembers his past lives and everything he has done, and it torments him. He longs to end the game and has taken to helping the central focus on the game, a woman called Amelia, and her lover, a guardian angel called Marcus. Marcus was Heaven’s pawn in the game.
- What are their strengths? Veiron is supernaturally strong, especially when he’s in his demonic form. He was born to fight and wields his spear with expertise. As with all angels, he can materialise other weapons too. Because he’s a Hell’s angel now, he can also create portals between the mortal realm and Hell. He’s a very determined man, bent on revenge, and will stop at nothing to get what he wants.
- What are their weaknesses? Veiron’s weakness is his emotions. Veiron loves with all of his heart but he hides this behind his rough exterior, playing the role of demon. He fears what people think of him and that his heroine will never return his feelings, or will grow to hate him because of what he is. He’s also rash and hot-headed at times, and can leap before looking, especially when it’s a fight he’s leaping into.
- How long can they live? As an angel, he’s immortal. He can live for millennia, but he can be killed. If he’s killed, then he’s reborn looking the same as he was before, but without his memories. All angels are around the same age physically, but most of them are thousands of years old.
- What do they need to survive? When Veiron is in his own environment (Hell, these days) he doesn’t need to eat or sleep because he doesn’t burn energy. When he’s in the mortal world, he can burn a lot of energy, especially if he’s concealing his wings by putting them away rather than using a sort of glamour to hide them from mortal eyes. Angels tend to eat a lot when in the mortal world, and require sleep too. Flying drains them the most and often means they have to eat a lot to regain that spent energy.
- What are some unique characteristics that set them apart from humans? As mentioned before, Veiron is able to materialise items out of thin air. He can also send items away and call them back to him later, such as clothing, bags, weapons, etc. He can create portals in the mortal world and in Hell too. If he doesn’t hide his wings, or use a glamour to alter his appearance, then mortals will also notice those big red wings of his.
- Are they made or born? Like all angels, Veiron was created by Heaven as part of their vast army.
- Your Creature VS Common Folk lore tell is the differences and similarities? For a start, all angels are male and rather than flying around in robes playing harps, they fly around in armour carrying weapons and often getting bloody. Each division of angels has a different wing colour. Veiron is a Hell’s angel now, so his wings are crimson. When he was a guardian angel, he had silver-blue wings. Angels from the division of death have black wings, hunters have tawny wings, and mediators have white wings.
Angels are not asexual. They’re frivolous, passionate and extremely curious about things that were previously forbidden or are still forbidden to them. They’re also very loyal, whether it’s to their master or a woman they fall in love with. Certain mortal substances have strange effects for them, such as caffeine. Believe me, it’s a serious stimulant for these men.
They do all work for Heaven, unless they’re fallen and pledged themselves to the Devil. Normal fallen angels reside in the mortal realm and are basically on probation, under the watchful eye of Heaven. There’s a chance they can get their wings back if they’re good. A Hell’s angel has no hope of returning to Heaven, except for death and rebirth. An angel can leave both of these masters if they find a mortal or immortal who is powerful enough to contract with them, and then that person becomes their master.
Her Demonic Angel is available now from Amazon Kindle, Kobo Books, Apple iBookstores and direct from the author. It will soon be available for Barnes and Noble Nook too.
Find all the links, a fantastic 8 chapter downloadable sample of the book, and also how to enter the Her Demonic Angel giveaway and be in with a shot of winning a $75, $50 or $25 gift certificate at her website: http://www.felicityheaton.co.
Her Demonic Angel
A demonic angel with a heart of ice, Veiron walks a dark path with vengeance on his mind. Nothing will sway him from his mission to destroy his master... until he risks his life to enter Hell once more to save a mortal female. The fiery beauty makes him burn with hungers he must battle and needs he cannot deny, tempting him to surrender body and soul to her.
Erin is convinced her refusal to do the Devil’s bidding will see her die in a terrifying realm straight out of her nightmares. The last thing she expects is the lethally sensual warrior who breaks into her cell and awakens the darkest desires of her heart and a fierce longing to know the heat of his caress.
Pulled into an incredible world where war is set to ignite and darkness is on the rise, Erin races with Veiron to escape the Devil’s legions in a journey fraught with danger and filled with passion that flares white-hot.
When Erin is faced with a life-shattering realisation and an extraordinary destiny, will their love give them the strength to battle both Heaven and Hell or will they be parted forever?
Her Demonic Angel is available from:
Felicity Heaton writes passionate paranormal romance books as Felicity Heaton and F E Heaton. In her books she creates detailed worlds, twisting plots, mind-blowing action, intense emotion and heart-stopping romances with leading men that vary from dark deadly vampires to sexy shape-shifters and wicked werewolves, to sinful angels and hot demons!If you're a fan of paranormal romance authors Lara Adrian, J R Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Gena Showalter and Christine Feehan then you will enjoy her books too.If you love your angels a little dark and wicked, Felicity Heaton’s best selling Her Angel series is for you. If you like strong, powerful, and dark vampires then try the Vampires Realm series she writes as F E Heaton or any of her stand alone vampire romance books she writes as Felicity Heaton. Or if you’re looking for vampire romances that are sinful, passionate and erotic then try Felicity Heaton’s new Vampire Erotic Theatre series.In 2011, five of her six paranormal romance books received Top Pick awards from Night Owl Reviews, Forbidden Blood was nominated as Best PNR Vampire Romance 2011 at The Romance Reviews, and many of her releases received five star reviews from numerous websites.
If you want to know more about Felicity, or want to get in touch, you can find her at the following places:
Thank you so much Felicity for sharing Veiron with us. He has to be my most favorite Angel ever! I am loving this series. So if you haven't yet, you should totally go check them out!