Publication Date:April 10, 2012
Publisher:St. Martins Press
Reviewed By: Amber I.
Buy on Amazon
Step into Shadow Falls, a camp for teens with supernatural powers. Here friendship thrives, love takes you by surprise, and our hearts possess the greatest magic of all.
Kylie Galen wants the truth so badly she can taste it. The truth about who her real family is, the truth about which boy she’s meant to be with—and the truth about what her emerging powers mean. But she’s about to discover that some secrets can change your life forever…and not always for the better.
Just when she and Lucas are finally getting close, she learns that his pack has forbidden them from being together. Was it a mistake to pick him over Derek? And it’s not just romance troubling Kylie. An amnesia-stricken ghost is haunting her, delivering the frightful warning, someone lives and someone dies. As Kylie races to unravel the mystery and protect those she loves, she finally unlocks the truth about her supernatural identity, which is far different—and more astonishing—than she ever imagined.
I am totally in love with the Shadow Falls World! I love getting to know all the characters Kylie's roommates her camp counselors some of her friends which consists of witches, vampires, shapeshifters, fae and my all time favorite one hot werewolf!!! There is always so much going on, including Kylie's life is in danger and she is being haunted by a ghost who has a message that is not very comforting "Someone lives and Someone dies" its a message from beyond.
Kylie is working hard to find out what exactly she is. But in her discovery of herself she learns even in her supernatural world things are not always what she thinks they are. The FRU who seems to be there to help protect the supernatural world has some deep secrets and Kylie has landed on their radar. Also her boyfriends pack is not happy with her and there is going to be trouble if these two get serious. She starts wondering who she can trust.
I must admit the little love triangle is kinda old. I am biased though because I am totally a Lucas fan, so yes I don't like when she is sitting there thinking about Derek or dreamscaping to him or missing him. I think its a little mean to Lucas and I am just ready for that whole thing to be done with, Lucas is being so patient and honest and just he is awesome! I love him, so she better get her game together and move on from Derek,
If you are waiting for some answers to Kylie's mystery then be prepared you are finally going to get some. There is still a lot to figure out but I was pretty happy with what we learned.
If you love a mix of supernaturals, secrets to uncover and just a fun ride then you have found your right series!!
Also a Quick Post from C.C Hunter
Ten Things You’ll Learn From Taken at Dusk
1. The only thing worse than trying to help a woman with amnesia remember her name and life is trying to help a dead woman with amnesia remember hers.
2. Be careful what you wish for—you might just get it . . . and the reality will probably not be anything like the fantasy.
3. The person you think is your enemy could just turn into a friend who'll do anything to save you.
4. The scariest thing in the world isn't ghosts or rogue vampires bent on murder—it's falling in love.
5. Explaining why you have a skunk curled up in your arms to your mom and your old best friend is as easy as eating a brownie while brushing your teeth.
6. We all make mistakes, which is why it's so important to practice forgiveness.
7. The only thing worse than a pissed-off shapeshifter is a pissed-off shapeshifter in love.
8. Sometimes the earth really does have to open up and swallow you whole before you can accept the truth that's right in front of you.
9. Vampires have no sense of humor . . . especially when they get turned into a kangaroo.
10. Free will gives us choices, but even making the right choices can't change destiny . . . and learning to accept that can be the most painful lesson of all.
Find More Info On the Books or C.C
Pre-Order Taken At Dusk @