Top 5 of Top 5
Featuring some of our favorite bloggers and talking about books
Today on Top 5 we have Christen from
Introduce your self and Blog----
Hello! I’m Goldilox from Goldilox and the Three Weres and I’m really excited to be visiting the Ambers today! In the real world my name is Christen and I’m a Kindergarten teacher. In blogger world I read and review anything paranormal or fantasy.
Let me just first say this will be tough!
1. Bones (Night Huntress series). Book two, chapter 32? ‘Nuff said.
2. Barrons (Fever series). Who doesn’t have a crush on Barrons??
3. Terrible (Downside Ghosts series). First of all, best name ever. Second of all, the way he feels about Chess despite all her craziness make me swoon.
4. Aren (Shadow Reader series). He’s that guy that doesn’t want the best for you - he wants him for you. He doesn’t want you to do the right thing - he wants you to do whatever will keep you safe.
5. Dorian (Dark Swan series). He likes ropes and chords. And he wants to name your child Thundro. What else could a girl ask for?
(Honorable mentions that I must mention: Packard from Disillusionists, Adam from Shatter Me, Reyes from Charley Davidson, Hank from Charlie Madigan, Jace from TMI, Tucker from Annabelle Lee, Curran from Kate Daniels, Archer from Darkest London…………………….)
1. From Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels) by Illona Andrews
“Kate short-circuits my brain. In my head we always have these clear coherent exchanges, but once we meet, what comes out it is, “Kate, do what I say or I’ll kill you.” Her default reply is, “Fuck you!” and we go downhill from there.”
2. From City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts) by Stacia Kane
“You know I do, aye? Love you right, Chessiebomb.”
3. From The Shadow Reader (McKenzie Lewis) by Sandy Williams
“If I were a good man,” he says, “I’d acknowledge that Taltrayn is an honorable fae, that he loves you and would take care of you. I’d step down and let you have the man you’ve always wanted, but, McKenzie, I’m not as good as Taltrayn. I never will be, and I can’t step down. I’ll fight for the chance to be with you.”
4. From Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson) by Darynda Jones
“…Two men from the FBI are here,” Cookie said.
Crap. “Men in black are at the office?” “Well, yes, but they’re actually in more of a navy.” Crapola. I so didn’t have time for men. In any color. “Okay, two questions. Do they look mad, and are they hot?”
After a long, long pause, Cookie said, “One, not really. Two, no comment at this time. And three, you’re on speakerphone.”
After another long, long pause, I said, “Okie dokie then. Be there in a jiff.”
5. From Head Rush (Disillusionists) by Carolyn Crane
"I used to say happiness was the absence of something - the absence of darkness, hate, fear. Especially fear. I thought, if I could get rid of my fear, life would be great...I see that I was wrong. Happiness isn't about getting rid of my fear. Happiness is when something outshines my fear."
Random facts about you
1. I’m almost done getting a Master’s degree (!!!). It will be a Master of Education in Reading. I am SO excited to be almost done!
2. I have a little fur ball Maltese (she makes appearances on the blog from time to time) and two tortoises.
3. I’ve never flown in a plane
4. I love to watch fantasy (obviously) type shows: Vampire Diaries, True Blood, and Game of Thrones, but I ALSO love to watch police-y type shows: CSI, NCIS, Bones, and The Mentalist.
5. I’ve been in a play that was on a professional theater stage.
Books that made you cry
1. Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts #2) by Stacia Kane
The rooftop scene with Terrible and Chess and the later graveyard scene.
2. Double Cross (Disillusionists Trilogy #2) by Carolyn Crane
The ending. Good lord.
3. Prey (Shifters #4) by Rachel Vincent
A surprise that I didn’t see coming. Nearly threw the book across the room!
4. Shadowfever (Fever #5) by Karen Marie Moning
The whole first 8 chapters. Until we found out…you know…
5. Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires #4) by Chloe Neill
Obviously the end of this book. My jaw hit my chest.
Authors you would love to meet
1. Karen Marie Moning - Obviously.
2. Stacia Kane - She would rock to go have drinks with.
3. Darynda Jones - I bet she is funny, snarky, and loads of fun.
4. Carolyn Crane
5. Kelly Gay
A Super thanks to Christen for taking the time to be on AwesomeSauce today. And if you haven't already you should hop on over there and check her out!!
Find Goldilox and the Three Weres Around at: